With over 30 years of research and development, our methods have proven to clarify ones true desires in life and work. Only then can the road to achieving these goals become navigable and smooth. We believe that our program is the key to your success in all you do and love.
Sold Out until 2012
Dear hopeful project leader,
Really ambitious projects are a beautiful thing.
This may ultimately be one of the best professional experiences of your life.
But as you’ve been realizing, you’re doing something that very few people can do successfully. The people around you don’t have the strategic project leadership skillset. They’re not teaching it in school. All the SMART goals and four hour weekly staff meetings in the world won’t get you there either. You’re probably not even in charge of the whole thing. That’s the deal. So what? We’re here to help you grow and learn how to succeed anyway, and even have some fun doing it.
Dear board executive,
With your support, that project leader above can help you make history. But not without strategic project leadership skills. Without the skills, you’re spending too much on consultants, too much on ‘deliverables’ that don’t solve the problem. With those skills in place, your projects can achieve breakthrough, game-changing results on the outside while keeping your team in control and logically moving forward step by step. Teams that run like that stay together and live to fight another day.
Two words: Investment insurance. You want your investment in this project to turn into solutions? A small investment in practical strategy skills gives you your best chance that leaders work smarter. Without this skill, you’re relying on chance, and the odds aren’t great. Give them the most important tools they need but can rarely find at any price, and they’ll repeatedly knock your socks off.
What people are saying about Strategic Project Leadership
“I knew I’d get strategy support, but I didn’t realize I’d gain such a mentor”
“Where else do they teach this stuff? Not at biz school. Not in trainings. Nowhere!”
“My friends ask me how I’m getting boards to listen to me and invite me back. They want in.”
“Every time I’m thrown a curveball, I know I can get back to the whiteboard and use what I’ve learned to strategize.”
“A few weeks ago I was leaving meetings in tears. Now I’m on top of the world about what we are accomplishing.”
“This is so powerful! A superpower! I’m part of league of superheros doing good in the world.”
We address the biggest challenges project leaders face, like:
- How to turn a big challenge no one will touch into clear projects that engage people
- How to know you’re working on the right things
- How to use language that unites funders, execs and community
- How to reduce implementation risk and address hyper-urgency with staged plans
- How to remain positive and visionary while managing reality
- How to deliver accountability and control even with the most uncertain projects
Strategic Project Leadership is delivered in an all-in-one virtual format that focuses on implementing your project with clear action steps, templates and done-for-you resources, live answers to your questions, and a community of other strategic project leaders to draw on for inspiration – all with schedule flexibility and no travel costs.
Strategic Project Leadership starts Oct 15, 2011.
Enroll before October 7 and get a BONUS 1:1 strategy session on your project.
Looking for more development guidance?
“I’m so passionate but it never translates.”
“How can I get them to understand?”
“How do I break through?”
“My potential is NOW. I want to move forward instead of just keeping up.”
“I want something that’s going to get me on the fast track, into the inner circle.”
“How do you get ready for the ‘gotcha’ people in a meeting?”
“What’s wrong with me? Am I good enough to do this?”
“I don’t want someone to do it for me. I want to be so good, I’m the one people come to.”
Take control and get the hottest skills in the marketplace. Strategic Project Leadership is not just for the project you’re working on now, it’s for your future.
At the end of 6 weeks you will know:
• How to become the accomplished professional everyone admires
• How to know you’re working on the right things
• How to make your project irresistible to funders, executives, staff and community
• How to create project plans that practically run themselves
• How to create solutions out of thin air
• How to keep their attention once you’ve got it
• How to get through the valley of despair and other daunting challenges of leading nearly impossible projects
• How to manage executive fear so you actually get to implement
• How to become legendary by finishing strong
• How to make the most of your hot new skills
Here’s exactly how it works:
1. When you sign up, you’ll get the exact program schedule and private site access.
2. Each week will have focused videos, action steps, templates and tools.
3. We’ll have a weekly master class conference call to go over your questions and issues.
4. As you implement your project privately, you can connect with other project leaders.
5. There will be opportunities throughout to get feedback on documents and agendas.
WEEK 1: How to become the accomplished professional everyone admires
• How you can lead strategy from any seat
• How to use strategy to cut your workload by 80% and give you better results than if you’d been working like mad
• How to find time to be strategic even when you’re totally exhausted and overwhelmed
• How to avoid all 7 of the biggest project derailers
• How to up your strategy skills in a single exercise and get your money’s worth from this course even if you never do anything else in this program
WEEK 2: How to work on the right things and make your project irresistible
• Why you’re probably not working on the right thing, and how to fix that immediately
• How to use a problem, not a solution, to get clarity
• How to master the three killer problem-structuring skills
• How to create irresistible presentations that get you the YES
WEEK 3: How to create project plans that practically run themselves
• How to set up big projects (hint – it’s a lot different than small projects)
• How to use role clarity to get all the help you need
• How to pick the right sponsors, and what you want them to do
• How to organize your project like a kindergarten teacher and get control
• How to avoid the pitfall of super-urgency and secure the big victories
• How to use finish lines to set your team up to win
WEEK 4: How to lead meetings that solve problems and keep their attention
• How to figure out the answer- what to do when you don’t know what to do
• How to design and run meetings that people ditch other meetings to attend
• How to repeat the same thing over and over again to become super successful
• How to use experts to generate practical solutions
• How to use metrics to keep people’s attention and validate your work
WEEK 5: How to get through the valley of despair, manage executive fear and other daunting challenges of leading nearly impossible projects
• How to keep your project going without burnout or rustout
• Why your leaders are a lot more scared than the frontline, and how to use this to move your project forward
• How to spot executive exodus before it derails you
• Ten survival techniques to stop a charging executive
• How to shift gears and still make history
WEEK 6: How to become legendary by finishing strong
• Learn the secrets of great finishers, and how you can be one too
• How to crush that last 10% even though you won’t want to
• How to get the recognition you and the team deserve, and why you must do this
BONUS! WEEK: How to make the most of your hot new skills
• How to further develop your new strategic project leadership skills
• How to use these skills to make everyone around you better
• How to reinvent yourself now for your next chapter
GET IT ALL for $1,999
Available as four payments of $499
These skills aren’t easy to find at any price. Clients hire me to do this work with them for $100,000, which is out of the range for many organizations and professionals. But in this cutting edge format, you can work with me and build these skills quickly and affordably. Why such a low price? Clients asked me to make it affordable enough that their friends could buy it on their own and I loved this reason, because it’s all about getting Truly Accomplished together. While I encourage your organization to fund it, I’ve made it affordable enough to be a personal investment or a gift. It’s my investment in you.
Speaking of money, when you build the most valuable skills in the marketplace, you can expect that this will pay off for you in money, time, in better opportunities, and in impact.
• You will make more money, because you’ll be in greater demand for your skills.
• You will save more money, because your implementation plans will be more efficient.
• You will save time, because you’ll accomplish the right things so much faster that you’ll actually have time to reflect and get ahead. That’s a fantasy for most project leaders.
• You will have better impact because your projects will have bigger successes.
• You will have better opportunities because success attract people to you like bees to honey
Is this for me?
Concerned that this might be too low level or too high level for you? Strategic Project Leadership is an experience of mastery. These are the skills of a career. You may be called executive director, ceo, coo, director, assistant director or program or project coordinator – if your job is to lead big projects, this is for you. If you’re a very experienced project leader, this is your next level. If you’re a newer project leader, you will get the guidance we all wished we’d had when we started.
Will you like this online format?
My working style is very personal and if I can’t feel like we’re working 1:1, I don’t like it. Which is why I love this format. Video is very personal. When I record it, I’m talking right to you. When you watch it, you’ll feel like we’re sitting together at the whiteboard. Only, you can be in your pajamas eating cereal, at the time that works for you that week. It’s heaven for introverts, and the extroverts have boards and master class calls to be able to think out loud. In addition to videos, there will be exercises, templates and tools you can use, all downloadable to use on your project.
Will you have time to do this?
Yes. From the start I help you shake up your calendar to put things in their right place and get you critical time for strategy. The program itself will take you about 2 hours a week, but will save you closer to ten or twenty hours a week in productivity that you can use to accelerate and improve the impact of your project.
What are the dates and what if I miss a call?
The program begins October 15th. You’ll get your whole 6-week schedule in advance. Each week’s content comes out on Monday. Our calls will be on Thursday. If you miss a call, you can listen to the recording, read the transcript key point notes and write me to get your questions answered if someone else didn’t ask what you needed. You’ll still be so much better off having this experience, even if you have to miss some, than you would be to miss it all.
How much time do I get with you?
This is a virtual program, so it is delivered 100% through videos, materials, notes to each other on the board, and our live weekly master class conference call. You’ll also be able to submit documents for feedback and help. Join by Oct 7th and get a FREE 1:1 private and personal hour with me. A limited number of extra 1:1 sessions are available for additional purchase, but the whole point of keeping this program super focused, is to give you just what you need, without making it more time consuming or expensive.
Will you run it again?
There will only be 25 seats this round and then we will have a wait list for next year. I expect to run it again next year, but don’t wait. Your potential is right now. There will never be a better time. AND since this is the first time this program is offered, you can be sure there will be extra perks and special attention this time around, so sign up now and don’t miss out.
This program is 100% money back guaranteed to build your skills and improve your implementation. If you complete the weekly assignments and participate in the activities and you are still not happy after four weeks, I will gladly refund 100% of your money. Conversely, if you love it, and have glorious success, there is a 100% guarantee that we will celebrate and send prizes.
Need to make the case for your organization to pay for this?
Look for support resources to help you get funded. Soon we’ll be posting Why Strategy Pays, a pdf to share with your favorite funder or budgeteer.